About Pedego 101 Westlake Village
Electric Bike Rentals
- Standard 36V
- $15 / hr
- $50 / day
- Premium 48V
- $25 / hr
- $85 / day
- Trailer/Child Seat
- $5 / hr
- $20 / day
Electric Bike Tours
- Just Ride Tour of Hidden Valley
- The Pedego 101 Just Ride E-Bike Tour is for folks who want to experience the pure joy of riding an e-bike through the natural wonder that is the Conejo Valley. We’ll pass by Westlake Lake, cruise around Lake Sherwood and roll through the ranches of Hidden Valley. After a brief rest stop at the Satwiwa Native Indian Cultural Center in Newbury Park, we will experience the hills of Dos Vientos and return through Thousand Oaks. The ride is about 30 miles and the whole trip will take a little under 3 hours but have no worries because Pedego Electric Bikes will easily get you over the hills with no sweat and our wide, padded suspension seats will keep you comfortable the whole way.
- Ride Time: 3 Hours
- Total Tour Time: 3 Hours
- $85 / person
- Cinematastic! Movie History Tour
- The Pedego 101 CINEMATASTIC! E-Bike Movie Location Tour glides riders through the beautiful Santa Monica Mountains, the setting for hundreds of well-known movies and television programs. Check out our home movie of a recent tour.
We start with a 30-minute ride to Paramount Ranch, where we’ll meet up with your dynamic tour guide, Brian Rooney –local historian and author of “Three Magical Miles.” Brian will take us through the old Western Town set that is constantly in use by various movie and television projects. Who knows, we might be lucky enough to see a crew filming an episode of your favorite program!
From here it’s another 30-minute ride to Malibu Creek State Park, formerly the 20th Century Fox Movie Ranch and site of numerous film and television shoots. Using vintage photographs, some of which have never before been published, you’ll see where Elvis Presley, Cary Grant, Charlton Heston, Tobey McGuire, Reese Witherspoon and more shot scenes from classic movies.
If time permits, we will also visit the King Gillette Ranch across the street. Brian will show us where one of the most iconic bicycle movie scenes was filmed and we’ll enjoy riding trails shaded by centuries-old oak trees. The return ride will bring you back through the rolling hills to your starting point.
- Ride Time: 2 Hours
- Total Tour Time: 3 Hours
- $99 / person
- Historic Cornell Bike & Brunch Tour
- The Pedego 101 Historic Cornell E-Bike & Brunch Tour combines e-bikes, movie history and brunch into one glorious half-day excursion. We begin with a 30-minute ride to Paramount Ranch, previously owned by the studio itself and the site of many productions. It was seen on screen for five years in TV’s family favorite “Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman” and more recently Clint Eastwood’s “American Sniper”. Here we will meet up with our dynamic tour guide, local historian and author Brian Rooney, who will bring 90-plus years of film history to life.
Our next bit of riding on scenic, shade-lined roads will be to Malibou Lake. (Yes, that’s how it’s spelled.) Here Brian will regale us with stories from some of the famous screen gems shot there, including “Frankenstein” and Chaplin’s “The Great Dictator” plus more current offerings like “Must Love Dogs,” and “Modern Family.”
By now you’ll have worked up a good appetite which is perfect timing as we approach our next destination, the Old Place restaurant. Originally built as a general store and post office in 1940, the Old Place has been serving good grub to locals for nearly 40 years. We have the privilege of eating in The Mail Room, the restaurant’s private dining room. The cost of your delicious brunch is included in your ticket price.
If time permits, we’ll stroll across the street to view the beauty of Peter Strauss Ranch, formerly the site of Lake Enchanto, one of the first “amusement parks” in the L.A. area. Our return ride will take us along Mulholland Highway for more outstanding views.
- Ride Time: 1 1/2 Hours
- Total Tour Time: 4 Hours
- $125 / person