Rumor has it that you cannot get fit on an electric bike, but that’s a silly myth. You can ride longer, further and faster on electric bikes than you ever would on a regular pedal bike – and gain health benefits, including:
- Look and Feel 10 Years Younger — Studies have shown that regular cyclists enjoy the general health of someone approximately 10 years younger.
- Lose Weight — Cycling can burn 500 calories per hour, helping cyclists lose pounds or control their weight while improving their fitness.
- Reduce Risk of Disease — Cycling can help reduce your blood pressure and cholesterol and can even help fight cancer, diabetes and heart disease. In fact, studies indicate that riding just 20 miles per week may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by up to 50 percent.
- Boost Your Immunity — Regular cycling boosts a body’s defenses by up to 50 percent. You’re not just cycling; you’re riding away from germs.
- Reduce Stress — Cycling reduces stress and promotes relaxation. In fact, studies have shown that regular exercise helps alleviate mild depression and anxiety.
- Move Ahead of the Pack — Commuting by electric bicycle is one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine because it doubles as transportation while still allowing you to arrive at work fresh and not sweaty — plus, it’s green. And fun!
The secret to getting fit on an electric bike? It’s simply to pedal, whether or not you use the battery.
For more, visit www.PedegoElectricBikes.com