This Valentine’s Day, electric bike riders are heart healthy and oh-so-happy!
IRVINE, Calif. — Jan. 28, 2015 — What does the physical heart have to do with the romantic “heart” of love lore? Plenty, according to the Center for Disease Control. Its website states that you should “stay ‘heart healthy’ for yourself and your loved ones.” It’s no coincidence that the American Heart Association chose February as its National Heart Month. Whether you’re starting a new romance or celebrating a long-lived love affair, it makes sense to stay as heart healthy as possible.
- Improve Your Heart Health While Enjoying Life. Diet and genetics certainly play a role, but regular aerobic exercise is a key influence on heart health. The trick is to make the exercise regular. Here are a few secrets to help you find that rhythm:
- Exercise disguised as fun. On a Pedego electric bike, pedal as much as you want and use the electric throttle to conquer hills or headwinds along the way. It’s just plain fun, which of course encourages regular rides.
- Follow your heart to adventure. Where there are Pedego electric bikes, romantic adventures are sure to follow. Married more than 30 years, Cathy and Paul Rogers of Pittsburgh kept the romance alive by participating in last summer’s Big Ride Across America, cycling 3,300 miles from Washington State to Washington D.C. Paul rode a traditional bike, and Cathy was able to join her husband because of her Pedego Interceptor electric bike. Together, she and Paul enjoyed the adventure of a lifetime. Cathy lost weight on the ride and finished in great physical shape. “My health is great, thanks in part to the exercise I got during this ride,” she said.
- Make it a date. At 56, Suzanne Burke found the way to improved health and happiness in 2014. At the start of last year, she battled Type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol — common ailments among Boomers. She lives near a beach bike path, and her health-improvement plan included riding her bicycle every day. Suzanne spiced up her rides by inviting potential love interests to join her on the bike path for a first date. “It really shows you who they are,” she explained. Suzanne did this for a few months and eventually pedaled her way to finding the path partner of her dreams.
- Look and Feel 10 Years Younger. — Studies have shown that regular cyclists experience the general health of someone approximately 10 years younger. Cycling can also help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol and can even help fight cancer, diabetes and heart disease. In fact, women who ride 20 miles per week may reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease by up to 50 percent. Plus, cycling can burn 500 calories per hour, helping cyclists lose or control their weight while improving their general fitness.
Feeling fit and strong enables you to enjoy the love you share. And Pedego electric bikes are helping riders go for love with all their hearts.
Pedego® Electric Bikes, the world’s premier electric bicycle brand, transforms people’s lives with fun and an abundance of delightful moments. Pedego’s stylish, colorful bikes boast the latest in electric bicycle technology and deliver a green alternative for transportation, exercise and recreation. Riders sail up hills and breeze through headwinds! Pedego “pedal or not” models include the Comfort Cruiser, City Commuter and Trail Tracker. Hailing from Orange County, Calif., Pedego is the fastest growing electric bicycle company in the world. Pedego electric bikes are sold in more than 800 stores in 40 countries. For more information, please visit http://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/