Advanced drivetrain technology, carbon belt drive, hydraulic brakes, and optional GPS-enabled tracking deliver a dream electric bike
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., July 31, 2018 — Pedego® Electric Bikes is pleased to announce the Pedego Conveyor mid-drive commuter electric bike. Bringing together advanced drivetrain technology with smooth mid-drive power, the Pedego Conveyor is a Class 1 electric bike designed for riders who appreciate a more natural riding experience with the support of Pedal Assist. Its 250-watt Brose S Mid-Drive motor empowers riders to accelerate up steep hills and cut through headwinds at speeds up to 20 MPH. Priced at $4,995, the Pedego Conveyor is now available at participating Pedego stores worldwide. Free test rides are available at participating Pedego-branded stores.
Pedego Conveyor’s high-end features include:
- Brose’s Model S Mid-Drive Motor, which equips the rider with a whisper-quiet 250-watt drive system that delivers 90nm of torque through three levels of pedal assist to tackle any hill or straightaway.
- Shimano Alfine Internal 8 Speed Hub, an internal mid-drive design, which enables fluid shifting and the ability to change gears without pedaling.
- The Gates CDX Carbon Belt Drive, which makes greasy bike chains a thing of the past. Composed of reinforced carbon fiber, the belt requires virtually no maintenance and provides thousands of miles of worry-free riding.
- Tektro Hydraulic 180mm disc brakes, which provides great modulation and stopping power.
- 36-volt, 13 watt-hour integrated downtube battery with advanced Panasonic 21700 lithium-ion technology, which delivers up to 60 miles of riding on a single charge.
- GPS and Bluetooth integration in the battery, which delivers navigation, bike diagnostics and anti-theft capabilities all through the ESB App (available for iOS and Android).
- Comfort Display, which provides riders with essential information, empowering them to reach peak performance, including wattage, remaining range, trip meter, odometer and an ambient light sensor that turns on front and rear lights automatically. The left-mounted display enables riders to shift gears with their right hands and adjust PAS functions with their left hands.
- Mounting points for both front and rear racks that can carry multiple bags or panniers.
- Schwalbe Moto X (27.5 x 2.4) balloon tires that increase riding comfort while front and rear fenders protect the rider from splashed water and debris.
- Front and rear 60 Lux lights for increased safety.
- Internally routed cables to provide a clean appearance.
- 43cm classic frame in blue, black and red.
“The Pedego Conveyor is our new dream machine, bringing top-of-the-line components and fiercely competitive innovation to mid-drive bikes,” said Don DiCostanzo, Pedego Electric Bikes CEO and co-founder. “We’re proud to offer innovation that moves mid-drive design miles ahead of anything else.”
Pedego® Electric Bikes is the Number 1 electric bike brand in the United States, according to Navigant Research. Sold at more than 135 Pedego-branded stores and hundreds of independent electric bike dealers worldwide, Pedego electric bikes have 250- to 500-watt motors that empower riders to conquer hills and breeze through headwinds, cruising distances up to 60 miles on a single battery charge. The twist-and-go throttle gives riders instant manual control over their speeds while Pedal Assist automatically adds power to their pedaling. Available in hundreds of color combinations, Pedego’s high-quality, innovative “pedal or not” models include cruisers, tandems, commuters, fat-tire bikes, mountain bikes, cargo bikes, a trike and a convenient electric folding bike. Pedego electric bikes deliver fun, exercise and a green alternative for transportation — transforming lives with fun and delight. Free test rides are available at every Pedego store. Founded in 2008, Orange County, Calif.-based Pedego inspires riders to say, “Hello, Fun!”
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
Sandra Eckardt, T&Co.