About Pedego Electric Bikes:
- Pedal or not, using the twist-and-go throttle for instant speed.
- Use Pedal Assist to help you pedal.
- Flatten hills and breeze through headwinds.
- Feel like you’re always going downhill, even up the steepest hills.
- Feel like a kid again with the freedom to go anywhere and still get home!
- Go up to 20 MPH (the legal limit in most states).
- Go longer, farther and faster than on a traditional pedal bike.
- Go up to 60 miles on a battery charge, further if you pedal.
- It only costs about 25 cents in electricity to charge the battery. It will take up to three hours to charge the battery if it is on empty. To charge the battery, simply plug it in like a laptop.
Surprising Health Benefits of Electric Cycling – “Exercise Disguised as Fun”
- Lose Weight & Get Fit — Cycling can burn up to 500 calories per hour, helping cyclists lose or control their weight while improving their fitness.
- Reduce Risk of Disease — Cycling can help reduce your blood pressure and cholesterol and can even help fight cancer, diabetes and heart disease. In fact, studies indicate that riding 20 miles per week may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by up to 50 percent.
- Boost Your Immunity — Regular cycling boosts a body’s defenses by up to 50 percent. You’re not just cycling; you’re riding away from germs.
- Reduce Stress — Cycling reduces stress and promotes relaxation. In fact, studies have shown that regular exercise helps alleviate mild depression and anxiety.
- Look and Feel 10 Years Younger — Studies have shown that regular cyclists enjoy the general health of someone approximately 10 years younger.
- Move Ahead of the Pack — Commuting by electric bicycle is one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine because it doubles as transportation while still allowing you to arrive at work fresh and not sweaty — plus, it’s green. And fun!
Benefits of Commuting to Work on an Electric Bike
- No Sweat. Whether commuting to work or school, bicycle commuters have always had to worry about arriving hot and sweaty. On an electric bike, they can control their workouts and arrive at their destinations cool, energetic and ready to roar into action.
- Zip Around Traffic. On an electric bike, riders can literally ride around traffic jams, often arriving at their destinations faster than they would in a car.
- Rock Star Parking. Electric bike commuters leave parking hassles behind as they pull right up to the front door. Employees and college students who have paid high fees to circle the parking lot in their cars are no match for a rider who rockets past and arrives on time — and under budget.
- Green Machine. Not only do electric bike commuters say good-bye to gas stations and traffic, they’re also doing their part to combat greenhouse emissions in the fight against global climate change.
- Amazingly Affordable. With no DMV, no gas stations, no car insurance and no car payment, Pedego riders discover a huge savings at the end of every month — while loving the ride the entire time.
- Exercise Disguised as Fun. Some riders like to use more motor on the way in to work to stay cool and then use less motor and more exercise on the way home. Electric cycling is a great workout, burning up to 500 calories per hour, and it works out your day’s frustrations and stresses.
- Freedom to Explore. Electric bike riders can take the scenic route and see more of their communities than they would in a car. They’ll also travel farther and faster than they would on foot or traditional pedal bikes. There are amazing bike paths in most cities that take cyclists off the roads and along scenic routes.
Pedego Tours & Rentals
- Rentals – Bikes are available from $20 per hour ($75 per day) making it a fun way to try out bike models for extended times and an affordable way to treat family and friends.
- Tours – Many Pedego dealers also offer guided tours that are fun for locals and visitors alike. Pedego stores all over the world offer guided tours including France, Italy, Mexico, Canada and at stores throughout the U.S.
About Pedego Bike Models:
- Pedego manufactures 14 high-quality, innovative models, including:
- Cruisers, tandems, commuters, fat-tire bikes, mountain bikes, cargo bikes and an ingenious electric folding bike.
- Pedego electric bikes deliver a green alternative for transportation, exercise and recreation — transforming lives with fun and delight.
- Pedego is one of the only electric bike companies to offer 24-inch bikes for riders under 5’4”.
- Pedego offers the ONLY electric tandem, for double the fun.
- Pedego offers three sizes of its fat-tire trail bikes – 20-inch, 24-inch and 26-inch so everyone can ride together.
- Pedego offers hundreds of color combinations, and you can choose the colors of your wheels, tires and optional fenders.
- You can easily remove your battery from the bike and take it inside to charge. Just plug it in. It takes about three hours to completely recharge and costs only about 25 cents to charge.
Pedego Press Releases: http://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/press/
The reporter can find photos and video footage here: http://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/press/brand-assets/