Electric Bikes Help People Cycle Their Way to Health & Fitness, Burning up to 500 Calories per Hour
Electric Cycling Is Exercise Disguised as Fun
IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 14, 2015 — Riding electric bikes helps people cycle their way to health and fitness by burning up to 500 calories per hour while reducing stress, boosting immunity and reducing the risk of disease. Electric cycling delivers the same benefits as non-electric cycling — as long as riders pedal. With electric bikes, riders can go longer and farther, improving their overall health, fitness and endurance.
“Riding an electric bike was my first form of exercise,” said Rhonda Martin, 43, who lost more than 270 pounds in part by riding her Pedego electric bike. In two and a half years, Martin went from hardly being able to move to being an active, award-winning triathlete. Today, she rides her electric bike for exercise on her 38-mile round-trip commute to work. Martin is an inspiration to more than 33,000 people via her Facebook page titled “Living Instead of Existing.”
Health benefits of electric cycling include:
- Reduce Stress — Cycling reduces stress and promotes relaxation. In fact, studies have shown that regular exercise helps alleviate mild depression and anxiety.
- Source: Stress Management Society
- Boost Your Immunity — Regular cycling boosts a body’s defenses by up to 50 percent. You’re not just cycling; you’re riding away from germs.
- Source: Appalachian State University
- Reduce Risk of Disease — Cycling can help reduce your blood pressure and cholesterol and can even help fight cancer, diabetes and heart disease. In fact, studies indicate that riding 20 miles per week may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by up to 50 percent.
- Source: Harvard Health Education Press
- Lift Your Studies show that regular exercise helps lift your mood and alleviate mild depression and anxiety. Riding an electric bike helps release endorphins, which create feelings of happiness and euphoria.
- Look and Feel 10 Years Younger — Studies have shown that regular cyclists enjoy the general health of someone approximately 10 years younger.
- Source: McMaster University
- Lose Weight and Get Fit — Cycling can burn 500 calories per hour, helping cyclists lose or control their weight while improving their fitness.
- Source: Harvard Health Publications
- Move Ahead of the Pack — Commuting by electric bicycle is one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine because it doubles as transportation while still allowing you to arrive at work fresh and not sweaty — plus, it’s green. And fun!
“Some say you’re cheating when you ride an electric bike,” said Don DiCostanzo, CEO of Pedego Electric Bikes. “But you’re getting exercise and riding longer and farther than you ever could on a non-electric bike, so who are you cheating? Not yourself!”
Pedego® Electric Bikes, the world’s premier electric bicycle brand, transforms people’s lives with fun and an abundance of delightful moments. Pedego’s stylish, colorful bikes boast the latest in electric bicycle technology and deliver a green alternative for transportation, exercise and recreation. Riders sail up hills and breeze through headwinds! Pedego “pedal or not” models include the Comfort Cruiser, City Commuter and Trail Tracker. Hailing from Orange County, Calif., Pedego is the fastest growing electric bicycle company in the world. Pedego electric bikes are sold in more than 800 stores in 40 countries. For more information, please visit https://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/.