Pedego Electric Bikes Electrifies the Nation for Bike-to-Work Week: May 13–19, 2019
Juicing up the commute motivates riders to roll away from their carbon footprints
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., May 1, 2019 — Every May since 1956, volunteers from the National Bike Month movement coordinate special activities in May throughout the United States to promote bicycling as fun, healthy and recreational. “National Bike to Work Week” takes place May 13–19, culminating with “National Bike to Work Day” on Friday, May 17, 2019.
The program is designed to inspire people to commute to work by bike, but not everyone can make this commute on a regular pedal bike. Pedego® Electric Bikes makes commuting by bicycle inclusive for virtually everyone with its electric bikes that include PedalAssist™ for gentle assistance as you pedal and even a twist-and-go throttle for instant speed. Covering distances of 30 to 60 miles at speeds of up to 20 MPH on a single battery charge, Pedego electric bikes give commuters the ability to leave their cars parked or swap them for bikes altogether.
Pedego electric bikes make commuting to work on a bicycle available to virtually everyone by delivering many benefits:
- Join the club. Virtually anyone can commute to work on an electric bike. Pedego’s powerful 500-watt motors and 15 models include City Commuter and Stretch cargo bikes that are perfect replacements for your car.
- Enjoy your commute. Use a little or a lot of assistance as you ride at speeds up to 20 MPH, zooming around traffic (or riding on bike paths) and parking up front without searching for a spot.
- Ride longer, farther and faster. Use Pedego’s PedalAssist System and twist-n-go throttle to travel farther with ease, arriving at your destination calm and relaxed.
- Arrive fresh and ready. Zoom to work in your work clothes without getting sweaty as the bike’s motor handles hills and headwinds while you relax and enjoy the ride. On the way home, you can adjust the bike’s assistance to get a workout — or not.
- Reduce transportation costs. By cycling, you can ride away from expensive gas, car registration and repair costs. Swap your car for a bike to save hundreds of dollars every month.
- Go Green. Reduce greenhouse emissionswhen you park your car and ride.
A study commissioned by the Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) and conducted by the Institute of Transportation Studies (ITS) at UC Davis concluded that “… a world with a dramatic increase in cycling could save society US$24 trillion cumulatively between 2015 and 2050 and cut CO2 emissions from urban passenger transport by nearly 11 percent in 2050.” In fact, you can now calculate your carbon footprint online. Input “electric” for your vehicle option and watch the number in the top-right corner of the screen plummet to healthier levels.
“The statistics show that biking helps the environment and cuts costs. Riding also gives commuters a fun, healthy way to get to work, enjoying fresh air and the freedom of riding,” said Pedego Electric Bikes CEO and co-founder Don DiCostanzo. “With electric bikes, more people can enjoy commuting by bike.”
About Pedego Electric Bikes
Pedego® Electric Bikes is the Number 1 electric bike brand in the United States, according to Navigant Research. Sold at more than 100 Pedego-branded stores in the United States plus stores throughout Canada and Europe, Pedego electric bikes have 250- to 500-watt motors that empower riders to conquer hills and breeze through headwinds, cruising distances up to 60 miles on a single battery charge. The twist-and-go throttle gives riders instant manual control over their speeds while Pedal Assist automatically adds power to their pedaling. Available in hundreds of color combinations, Pedego’s high-quality, innovative “pedal or not” models include cruisers, tandems, commuters, fat-tire bikes, mountain bikes, cargo bikes, a trike and a convenient electric folding bike. Pedego electric bikes deliver fun, exercise and a green alternative for transportation — transforming lives with fun and delight. Free test rides are available at every Pedego store. Founded in 2008, Orange County, Calif.-based Pedego inspires riders to say, “Hello, Fun!”
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
Sandra Eckardt, T&Co.