Pedego Electric Bikes Launches New Boomerang Plus Ultra-Accessibility Electric Bike in 24-inch Size
New 24-inch extra-low step-thru bike is designed for riders under 5’4″
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., May 29, 2019 — Pedego® Electric Bikes today announced its new Boomerang Plus ultra-accessibility electric bike in a 24-inch size for people under 5’4″ in height. The new Boomerang Plus features an extra-low step-thru frame just nine inches off the ground, making it easy for riders to get on and ride. Now available at 120 Pedego stores in the United States and select Pedego stores worldwide, it is retail priced from $3,295.
For those who need an accessibility bike due to knee or hip problems, this ultra-low step-thru electric bike makes it easy for riders to sit down on the saddle and gently lift their legs onto the pedals.
Pedal or not, the Boomerang Plus goes up to 20 MPH and has a range of up to 60 miles on a single battery charge. Electric assistance helps the rider ride longer, farther and faster than they could on a traditional pedal bike. Boomerang Plus features include:
- A powerful, whisper-quiet, 500-watt motor that delivers best-in-class acceleration and hill climbing
- A state-of-the-art 48-volt, 10 AH battery that uses the same advanced lithium-ion cells as an electric car (optional 15AH battery) and only uses about 10 cents worth of electricity per charge
- A twist-and-go throttle for instant speed
- Pedego’s PedalSense™ that provides five levels of electric assistance as riders pedal
- LCD display with USB charger
- Smart Bike Technology including a Bluetooth-connected smartphone app
- Top-of-the-line components including Shimano seven-speed derailleur and shifter
- Kevlar-belted black balloon tires for a smooth ride
- Built-in front and rear lights for safety and convenience
- Color choice of mineral blue, red or white
“At Pedego, we believe the rider is the most important part of any of our bikes, and the Pedego Boomerang Plus is sure to delight riders who are under 5’4″ tall,” said Don DiCostanzo, Pedego CEO and co-founder.
About Pedego Electric Bikes
Pedego® Electric Bikes is the Number 1 electric bike brand in the United States, according to Navigant Research. Sold at more than 120 Pedego-branded stores in the United States plus stores throughout Canada and Europe, Pedego electric bikes have 250- to 500-watt motors that empower riders to conquer hills and breeze through headwinds, cruising distances up to 60 miles on a single battery charge. The twist-and-go throttle gives riders instant manual control over their speeds while Pedal Assist automatically adds power to their pedaling. Available in hundreds of color combinations, Pedego’s high-quality, innovative “pedal or not” models include cruisers, tandems, commuters, fat-tire bikes, mountain bikes, cargo bikes, a trike and a convenient electric folding bike. Pedego electric bikes deliver fun, exercise and a green alternative for transportation — transforming lives with fun and delight. Free test rides are available at every Pedego store. Founded in 2008, Orange County, Calif.-based Pedego inspires riders to say, “Hello, Fun!”
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
Michele Kennedy, T&Co.