Pedego Electric Bikes Ranks Number 2349 on the 2016 Inc. 5000 With Three-year Sales Growth of 155 Percent
Pedego Is the Fastest-growing Bicycle Company on the Inc. 5000
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Aug. 18, 2016 — Pedego® Electric Bikes ranks Number 2349 on the 2016 Inc. 5000 with three-year sales growth of 155 percent and is the highest-ranking bicycle company on the Inc. 5000. Published by Inc. magazine, the 35th annual Inc. 5000 is the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. The ranking is published in the September issue of Inc. Pedego was also recently named the fastest-growing electric bike company in the United States by Navigant Research.*
“We attribute our stellar growth and being the number 1 bicycle company to delighting our customers with colorful, high-quality electric bikes in 10 models and providing exceptional support to our dealer network,” said Pedego CEO and co-founder Don DiCostanzo.
See Why Pedego Is Driving the Electric Bike Craze: Test Ride a Pedego Electric Bike
Pedego was founded in 2008 by Don DiCostanzo, CEO, 59, and Terry Sherry, 60, two best friends who loved cycling but hated hills — and designed their first bike on a cocktail napkin.
Pedego Is the Fastest-growing Electric Bike Company in the United States
- Pedego achieved 46 percent average growth for 2012–2015.
- Pedego has more stores than any other brand: 85 independently owned stores.
- Pedego expects to grow to 200 stores by the end of 2017 and 500 stores by 2020.
- Pedego bikes are sold nationwide at Pedego stores and hundreds of bike shops.
- Pedego has distributors in Europe, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand and Russia.
Pedego’s Market Differentiation: Pedego Tagline Says It All: “Hello, Fun!”
- VARIETY — Pedego offers 10 models of high-quality colorful bikes, including cruisers, commuters, mountain and trail bikes, cargo bike and an ingenious folding bike.
- SPEED — With a twist of the throttle, Pedego riders can go up to 20 MPH.
- COLOR — Hundreds of color combinations let consumers customize their bikes.
- TECHNOLOGY — PedalSense™ technology helps give riders extra help riding at five different power levels.
- FUN — Pedego riders enjoy “exercise disguised as fun,” going longer, farther and faster!”
*Click here for Navigant’s overview on Pedego and an executive summary of the report.
Pedego Electric Bikes, the fastest growing electric bicycle company in the United States, manufactures 10 high-quality, innovative models, including cruisers, tandems, commuters, fat-tire bikes, mountain bikes, cargo bikes and a convenient electric folding bike. Sold at 85 Pedego-branded stores and hundreds of independent electric bike dealers worldwide, Pedego’s stylish “pedal or not” electric bikes boast powerful, whisper-quiet motors that let riders sail up hills and breeze through headwinds with a smile. Available in hundreds of color combinations, Pedego electric bikes deliver a green alternative for transportation, exercise and recreation — transforming lives with fun and delight. Founded in 2008, Orange County, California-based Pedego inspires riders to say, “Hello, Fun!”