Pedego Electric Bikes Rolls out 24-inch and 29-inch Sizes of Popular Interceptor Platinum Edition
The nation’s Number 1 electric bike brand puts riders first, including their height. Pedego’s regular Interceptor is also gaining a new 29-inch size.
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Aug. 1, 2019 — Pedego® Electric Bikes is adding more size choices to its Platinum Interceptor, the most luxurious electric beach cruiser on the bike path. Pedego’s new 24-inch step-through and 29-inch classic frames give riders from 4’10” to 6’6″ in height a comfortable ride that’s a perfect fit. Pedego also announced a new 29-inch size of its popular Pedego Interceptor electric bike.
Pedal or not, Pedego electric bikes zoom up to 20 MPH and have a range of up to 60 miles on a single battery charge. Electric assistance helps the rider cruise longer, farther and faster than they could on a traditional pedal bike. Available at more than 125 Pedego stores in the United States and select Pedego stores worldwide, the Pedego Platinum Interceptor (all sizes) is retail priced from $4,195. The Pedego Interceptor (all sizes) is priced from $3,295.
The Pedego Platinum Interceptor brings superior performance and luxurious comfort with top-of-the-line components, including:
- Powerful whisper-quiet 500-watt motor that delivers best-in-class acceleration and hill climbing
- A state-of-the-art 48-volt 10 Ah battery that uses the same advanced lithium-ion cells as an electric car and only uses about 10 cents worth of electricity per charge (an optional 15Ah battery is also available, giving riders greater range)
- A twist-and-go-throttle for instant speed
- Pedego’s PedalSense™ that provides five levels of electric assistance as riders pedal
- LCD display with USB charger
- Smart Bike Technology including a Bluetooth-connected smartphone app
- Top-of-the-line ten-speed derailleur and shifter that provide advanced performance and top-flight comfort
- Larger front chain ring for extra control over your ride
- Front suspension for extra comfort on bumpy paths
- Hydraulic disc brakes for impressive stopping power and comfort
- Kevlar-belted black balloon tires for a smooth ride
- Built-in front and rear lights for safety and convenience
- Mag Wheel upgrade built tough to carry extra-heavy loads with ease ($400 option)
- Available in 29-inch (classic), 26-inch (classic and step-through) and 24-inch (step-through) sizes to suit riders from 4’10” to 6’6” in height
- Available in lustrous silver
Pedego’s original Interceptor is also now available in a black 29-inch frame for taller riders. It features a top-of-the-line seven-speed derailleur and shifter. It is also available in 26-inch and 24-inch sizes. Pedego also offers a 24-inch Pedego Comfort Cruiser (from $1,895).
“Pedego Interceptors pack a lot of excitement into a comfortable, stylish beach cruiser design,” said Don DiCostanzo, Pedego Electric Bikes CEO and co-founder. “Now available in new sizes, the Platinum Interceptor will thrill more people with extraordinary fun that fits perfectly!”
About Pedego Electric Bikes
Pedego® Electric Bikes is the Number 1 electric bike brand in the United States, according to Navigant Research. Sold at more than 125 Pedego-branded stores in the United States plus stores throughout Canada and Europe, Pedego electric bikes have 250- to 500-watt motors that empower riders to conquer hills and breeze through headwinds, cruising distances up to 60 miles on a single battery charge. The twist-and-go throttle gives riders instant manual control over their speeds while Pedal Assist automatically adds power to their pedaling. Available in hundreds of color combinations, Pedego’s high-quality, innovative “pedal or not” models include cruisers, tandems, commuters, fat-tire bikes, mountain bikes, cargo bikes, a trike and a convenient electric folding bike. Pedego electric bikes deliver fun, exercise and a green alternative for transportation — transforming lives with fun and delight. Free test rides are available at every Pedego store. Founded in 2008, Orange County, Calif.-based Pedego inspires riders to say, “Hello, Fun!”
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
Michele Kennedy, T&Co.