Pedego’s New City Commuter Lite Electric Bike Makes Green Transportation Fun and Affordable
Affordably priced at $1,895; Now in Pedego Stores Nationwide
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., June 12, 2019 — Pedego® Electric Bikes, the nation’s Number 1 electric bike brand, today announced the new Pedego City Commuter Lite electric bike. Affordably priced at $1,895, the new City Commuter Lite lets riders go green and reduce commuting costs while they zoom around traffic and enjoy up-front parking. It is now available in 115+ Pedego-branded stores nationwide.
The City Commuter Lite is loaded with high-quality components, including:
- Pedego’s twist-and-go throttle that delivers power on-demand for speeds of up to 20 MPH.
- Pedego’s whisper-quiet 500-watt rear hub motor, delivering dependability.
- High-Quality 36-volt battery that propels the bike with the same advanced lithium-ion cells as an electric car, all in an economical package. It comes standard with a 10Ah battery, which enables riders to go up to 30 miles per charge. An optional 15Ah battery will go up to 45 miles per charge.
- Battery that can be recharged in the bike or easily removed for inside charging. It costs less than 10 cents worth of electricity to recharge the battery.
- Sturdy mechanical disc brakes that deliver the stopping power essential for a quality electric bike. Ergonomic brake levers and integrated motor cut-off switch add comfort and safety.
- Dutch-style frame geometry, city-style handlebars and padded saddle, making commuting comfortable.
- Lustrous black frame with optional fenders.
- Three available sizes, including two with a step-thru frame for easier mounting and dismounting.
- 26-inch Step-Thru: For smaller riders
- 28-inch Step-Thru: For riders of average height
- 28-inch Classic: For taller riders
- Integrated rear light for visibility.
“The Pedego City Commuter Lite is our most affordable electric commuter bike,” said Don DiCostanzo, CEO and co-founder of Pedego Electric Bikes. “Its powerful motor and battery empower riders to commute to and from work arriving refreshed and relaxed. Commuting by electric bike lets you go green while avoiding gas, car registration and repair costs. Swapping your car for a bike can save hundreds of dollars every month.”
About Pedego Electric Bikes
Pedego® Electric Bikes is the Number 1 electric bike brand in the United States, according to Navigant Research. Sold at more than 120 Pedego-branded stores in the United States plus stores throughout Canada and Europe, Pedego electric bikes have 250- to 500-watt motors that empower riders to conquer hills and breeze through headwinds, cruising distances up to 60 miles on a single battery charge. The twist-and-go throttle gives riders instant manual control over their speeds while Pedal Assist automatically adds power to their pedaling. Available in hundreds of color combinations, Pedego’s high-quality, innovative “pedal or not” models include cruisers, tandems, commuters, fat-tire bikes, mountain bikes, cargo bikes, a trike and a convenient electric folding bike. Pedego electric bikes deliver fun, exercise and a green alternative for transportation — transforming lives with fun and delight. Free test rides are available at every Pedego store. Founded in 2008, Orange County, Calif.-based Pedego inspires riders to say, “Hello, Fun!”
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
Michele Kennedy, T&Co.